Followers

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Fairy Special!

This card has been made for a male friend of mine. I have used the Alva Sitting stamp which is a female elf but I have made the hair short and put it onto blue and think it may pass as a male elf???

I have used :
Stamps: Alva Sitting (Magnolia), Mouse (Penny Black), Sentiment (Woodware circular greeting), Small toadstools (squiggles stamps) thin toadstools (magnolia) stitches (Kelly Panacci) Big Flower which I made into the big toadstool (Hero Arts) & the ticket was a freebie.
Papers: My minds eye - Merry days of Christmas - All a glow (green patterned paper & blue dots. Magnolia - White Christmas - Frosty Fir. Dark blue bit from scrap box.
Misc: Clear embossing powder and a little glitter used on thin toadstools. Coloured in using watercolour pencils.
I really enjoyed making this card and followed a sketch which made it easier to put together. Not long now till our crafty retreat!!!!  Nicky xx


5 comments:

Fleur said...

Great card Nicola, fab idea to cut Alva's hair, love the use of your freebie ticket.
See you later hugs Fleur xXx

Lou said...

It is special, love all of it lots and wow the toadstool is fab.Tiny mouse is just so sweet,hope we find some real toadstools and can see a few photo cards being made.Lou.xx

chris said...

Hello Hairdresser didn't know you had joined my clan,I shall be looking at all my stamps now and seeing who's hair I can cut !!I love the layout of this card and of course that tiny mouse looks so sweet.
Take care lots of love chris xxx

brenda said...

Hi Nicola

Agree with the others, definately could be a boy elf. Plus some nice distressing and that tiny mouse. Cute.

B x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Great work with the elf... and it sure looks like a boy elf!

hugs,
Jorunn

Post a Comment